The Breaker Series is a Korean Manhwa series (designed in Manhwa style and thus is read from right to left) written by Jeon Keuk-Jin and illustrated by Park Jin-Hwan under the pen name Kamaro. According to the Creators themselves the series consists of three parts. So far it is published in five countries including South Korean, France, Italy, Russia and Poland.
The Breaker (브레이커) sold 10 Tankoubon volumes containing 72 chapters and is published five countries. Completed in South Korean, France and Italy while it is ongoing in Russia and Poland.
- In South Korea it was published by Daiwon C.I. and serialized in Young Champ between August 31, 2007 and July 27, 2010. It is completed.
- In France it was published by Booken Manga and Manga-Sanctuary, and the first volume was released in February 2011. It is completed.
- In Italy, it is published by Star Comics, and released the first volume in June 2011. It is completed.
- In Russia, it is published by Alt Graph, and released the first volume in September 2011. It is currently ongoing.
- In Poland, it is published by yumegary and the first volume was released in February 2013. It is currently ongoing.
The Breaker New Waves (브레이커NW) is the direct sequel of Part I. It is published in three countries so far. These include South Korea, France and Italy.
- In South Korea, it began weekly serialization at Daum's online comics portal from 2010 onward. The first volume was published in October 2011. It is currently ongoing.
- In France, it is published by Booken Manga, and the first volume was released in August 2013. It is currently ongoing.
- In Italy, it is published by Star Comics, and released the first volume in September 2013. It is currently ongoing.
Part I: The BreakerEdit
- Main article: Part 1
The new English teacher, Chun-Woo Han, is not your ordinary teacher. He is a master of Nine Martial Arts and an enemy of a fearsome world called Murim. Shi-Woon Yi, a student at the Nine Dragons High School and victim of constant bullying, accidentally witnesses Chun-Woo's fighting skills, and requests to become his disciple. What Shi-Woon didn't know is that, what he thought to be a way out of his miserable life would also be a way into a living nightmare. As Shi-Woon becomes his disciple and enters in this new world many surprises and dangers await both student and teacher.
Part II: The Breaker New WavesEdit
- Main article: Part 2
After his master (Goomonryong) destroys his Ki-Center, Shi-Woon leaves the world of the Murim for a normal life believing that this is what his master wished for him. However, for the disciple of a most hated and feared villain in the Murim, holder of the Phoenix Medallion of the Sun-Woo Clan and successor of the Black Heaven and Earth Technique, the world of the Murim will come to him. New allies and enemies await Shi-Woon, who once again rises in the dangerous and merciless world of Murim where everything is permitted.
Young Champ, was an online-only biweekly first published in 1994, aimed at young adults (changed to an online-only magazine in 2009, merging with Super Champ's titles).