|Specialty||High Speed Techniques|
Sun-Woo Clan: A martial arts clan, it is considered the largest and most powerful clan outside of the Martial Arts Alliance.
Some time in the past the Martial Arts Alliance joined forces with the Heavenly Way School and completely defeated the Sun-Woo Clan. Although defeated, the clan did not completely break apart. The Clan Head, Master Soh was killed during the battle leaving his son Jang Gyul as the new Clan Head who was engaged to Jae-Kyu Kwon's daughter Hae-jin. However he broke the engagement with her and married another woman who gave birth to their daughter Lady So-Sul.
After Lady So-Sul was born and discovering that she has the Nine Yin Body Type condition, some members of the clan argued that keeping her alive will bring ruin to the Sun-Woo clan. To ensure her safety, her father gave her the Phoenix Medallion and left her in the care of Jip-sa Jung. Some time later, So-Sul and Jip-sa found themselves under the former Chief of the Alliance's control. As long as the elder kept So-Sul under his protection, he could ask the Sun-Woo Clan to do his bidding. Various characters have commented on the clan's "splintered" state, hinting that it was much more powerful and organized in the past.
Jip-sa was contacted by the Black Forest Defence and convinced to leave So-Sul in their care so that they could find a solution for her condition. After So-Sul is saved by Shi-Woon Yi from the Gukryupa gang she "gives" him the Phoenix Medallion. With her disappearance this makes Shi-Woon the current clan leader.
Although Shi-Woon is not interested in the clan's leadership, some of the clan elders wish to use him as a puppet, to control the clan. After Jang-Il Jeong plead allegiance to Shi-Woon, Jae-Kyu Kwon, Jae-Kyu, decided that Shi-Woon had to die, and asked Jin-Ie to kill him. Ironically, he has now been accepted to be the leader of the Sun-Woo clan, doing exactly what his master did not want.
It is the symbol of the heads authority over the Sun-Woo Clan. The holder of this item is consider the undeniable leader of the Clan, but only if the Medallion is given to him with the previous holders own will or is the rightful descendant and thus rightful owner for the position. It is noted that although the Medallion is very important, it's authority can be ignored as shown by Jae-Kyu Kwon's desire and attempt to kill Shi-Woon. Although, the attempt would occur with utmost secrecy. If it was to become known Elder Kwon would have the corresponding punishment.
In the clan, based on their skills there are those that belong to the five strongest. As the name suggests they are the first five members based on martial arts skill. However, the elders are not included in that group. for unknown reasons. The known members of the five strongest are:
- Jin-Ie Kwon: She is the weakest of the Five Strongest.
- Dae-San Han (Big Mountain): He is the fourth strongest of the Five
- Ha-Ill Gang (Lightning Heel): He is the Second strongest of the Five
- Gyu-Bum Yi (Southern Red Star): He is the First Strongest of the Five as well as an member of the Four Supernovas
- Unknown: The fifth member of the strongest five members is not known yet.
As all other clan's have their own martial arts it is the same for Sun-Woo Clan. Several techniques have been used throughout the series but generally the martial arts of the Sun-Woo clan are not known to many. Hence, many people try to learn about their martial arts by provoking them or by other means. Some people seem to have some knowledge on some techniques or even know how to execute them. One example is Hyun Won-Jae, the head of Illwallmoon (One Moon School), who knows how to use Thunder Smashing Strike.
The martial arts of the Sun-Woo clan seen so far seem to center around fast and strong strikes focused mainly on hand-strikes while they use high level Walking Techniques to confuse the enemy further and ensure the landing of the attacks with the least possible opening that would enable the enemy to defend against the attacks or even see them. Specifications on the Walking Techniques used are not provided but the speed aspect of the Martial Arts has been confirmed by Jae-gal.
The basic style of the Sun-Woo Clan centers around fast movements and strong strikes.
- Walking Techniques (Hwan Hwan Shin Bo): They seem to use walking techniques as a standard movement method regardless of distance between the user and the enemy.
- Thunder Fist: According to its execution it has different names and variations. It uses Ki to enhance the strike's speed and force.
- Ascending Blue Dragon Strike: It works like the Thunder Fist (uses Ki to enhance speed and force) but is actually a palm strike while Thunder Fist is a fist strike.
- Double Dragon Chain Dance (Yeon-Hwan Ssang-Yong-Moo): This technique uses the "speed" aspect of the Sun-Woo martial arts to lunch multiple strikes to the opponent.
- Phoenix Wing Whip: Taking advantage of the arms capabilities to use it as a whip moving in high speed.
- Wind Swallow Kick (Poong Yeon Gak): a devastating flying kick to the head of the opponent that will send them flying.
- Iron Wall Stance: In order to use Walking Techniques effectively, lower level Martial Artists need a strong defence in order to hold a steady ground. This stance assists in minimizing the opponents field of view thus strengthening the users defence and allowing them to keep their balance.
There are also weapons based martial arts in the Sun-Woo Clan. They also rely on fast movements to ensure a successful hit.
- Swordsmanship: According to Ha-Ill Sun-Woo clan also has sword martial arts.
- Shi-Woon Yi - Current
- Jip-sa Jung - Deceased
- Hae-Jin Kwon - Deceased