|Nickname||Sammoonryong (Three Arts Dragon)|
|Affiliation||Murim, Martial Arts Alliance, Song Clan|
|Previous Occupation||Danju of the Martial Arts Alliance|
|Master||Hak Jang Song|
|Fighting Style||Song Style|
|Manhwa Debut||Chapter 7 (The Breaker)|
Kang-Sung, also known as Sammoonryong (lit.Three Arts Dragon), is the Former chief of the Martial Arts Alliance. It is unknown how powerful Kang-Sung really is even with the title of Sammoonryong. Others say he did not pursue the title of Goomoonryong because of obligations to lead his clan.
Kang-Sung is a tall and physically imposing man. His white/grey hair is combed back, revealing a calm and stoic face. He's always seen wearing a traditional Chinese-style martial arts uniform.
Kang-Sung is a calm and righteous man with a strong sense of justice who has his own beliefs that differ from Gijoo Song, Hyuntae, and the previous Alliance Chief. Though Goomoonryong killed his master and Gijoo, he doesn't believe in revenge. He initially admires Goomoonryong and tries his best to understand him, despite the fact that the Chief and his own master deemed him as their enemy. He is loyal to the Alliance and greatly values the traditions of the Murim, so when Goomoonryong mocks the relationship between master and student, he considers it as the last straw and is ready to fight him. He was shown to be willing to die if it meant to stop Chun-Woo when he was in the state of the Black Origin Threshold as his master told him he must be willing to sacrifice his own life when he battle him in that state. Also, he is prepared to die in order to preserve the peace in the Murim. The Former Chief stated that Kang-Sung always tries to do things and solve problems justly which put him at odd with other clans.
Kang-Sung fought in Shinmujengpe and after conquering three seats of power, he was named Sammoonryong.
Man... a New Mise-en-scene of Fighting which They have Created!Edit
Throughout The Breaker, Kang-Sung takes part in the Martial Arts Alliance's search for Goomoonryong. After the alliance learns of Shi-Woon Yi's identity as Goomoonryong's disciple, Kang-Sung corners and engages Shi-Woon. Proving no match for the Three Arts Dragon, Shi-Woon became exhausted and captured by Kang-Sung shortly thereafter. However, the alliance officials that Kang-Sung delivers Shi-Woon to prove to be imposters (secretly Mun-Gi Ma's men), and Shi-Woon escapes. Later, he listens to Goomoonryong's promise that he would destroy the Martial Arts Alliance no matter what, and comments that he went too far.
Kang-Sung later arrives to the top of the Koa Tower to do battle with Goomoonryong who has entered the Black Origin Threshold. Shi-Woon manages to talk his master down before being taken hostage by the Alliance Chief. The Chief orders Kang-Sung to kill Goomoonryong, but he refuses to obey, believing that the Alliance had no justification any more. Once Goomoonryong defeats the Chief and destroys Shi-Woon's Ki-center, Kang-Sung was shocked and angry (a behaviour he rarely shown) at Nine-Arts's action because the relationship between a master and a student is stronger than that of a father and a son. In demand for an explanation of Goomoonryong's actions, he prepared to battle again. But the battle can started, Goomoonryong was forced to retreat, swearing that he would return to kill all Murim's. Kang-Sung later visits Shi-Woon in the hospital to explain what happened to his master and his Ki-center. He then left Shi-Woon to wonder about his situation, believing that Chun-Woo does not deserved to be called teacher.
The Breaker New WavesEdit
The Beginning of a New Legend in the Murim!Edit
Kang-Sung had become the Chief of the Martial Arts Alliance, and has a meeting to request aid from the Sun-Woo Clan, and to discuss the growing threat of the S.U.C.. The Sun-Woo Clan refuses, but he eventually gains support from the Heavenly Way School, thanks to So-Chun Hyuk.
Friends & AlliesEdit
- Shi-Woon Yi: Despite that Shi-Woon was the Disciple of Chun-Woo, Kang-Sung respected and trusted him. Even giving him command of the Martial Arts Alliance.
- Gijoo Song
- Jung Lae Won
- Chun-Woo Han: Despite being an enemy for the whole Murim, Kang-Sang admitted that he doesn't hate Chun-Woo and the reason that he want to stop his rampage is that because he still admire him.
Techniques & AbilitiesEdit
Real Master Martial Artist (Song Style): Kang-Sung is a powerful martial artist who received the Three-Arts Dragon title, a very rare feat in the Murim society. However, many others believe that he could have easily achieve the Nine-Arts title but declined to do so in order to preserve the dignity of the Murim. He was capable of evading the attacks of Goomoonryoung with relative ease. As proof of his skills, Kang-Sung is one of two people to ever stand against a user of the Black Heaven and Earth Technique and the only one against a real master level fighter. As such, it should be noted that so far, Kang-Sung is the only person in the series so far to actually fend against Chun-Woo, even making it seem incredibly one-sided at times (albeit Chun-Woo was not in the least affected by his strikes). Kang-Sung skills are so great that he took out seven of Goomoonryong minions with relative ease single handed, while they were challenge for the Martial Arts Alliance forces.
- All Counter Origins Strike: It is a technique that uses all of the user's inner energy upon execution. It is possible that the user of this technique will die after using this technique.
- Focus Stomp: The practitioner uses one leg to stomp the ground. The technique is capable of literally crushing concrete and cutting through flesh and bone. Kang-Sung diverted Chun-Woo's killing-intended Focus Stomp away from the Alliance Chief's head. Currently the only two martial artists who can perform Focus Stomp at the highest level are Chun-Woo and Kang-Sung.
- Full Body Barrier: A defensive-offensive technique where the back, turned toward the opponent, is protected by a large circular distribution of Ki resembling a body-sized disk shield. Opponents who come in contact with the Ki are forcefully sent flying backwards.
- Split Heaven Kick: An overhead axe-kick that releases Ki, similar to Soul-Crushing Strike. It has been shown to cut several feet straight through a metal platform when performed by Kang-Sung out of anger against Chun-Woo Han for degrading Shi-Woon Yi.
- Main article: Tai Chi
- Reflection Technique: one of the greatest techniques of the Tai-Chi Arts. It is known to be able to defend against any attack and return it back to the attacker, thus the name reflective. The only known user is Kang-Sung.
- I wont allow him . . . or any others to be sacrificed.
- ↑ The Breaker Chapter 70
- ↑ The Breaker New Waves Chapter 138
- ↑ The Breaker New Waves Chapter 144
- ↑ The Breaker Chapter 17
- ↑ The Breaker Chapter 71
- ↑ The Breaker New Waves Chapter 141