The following is a list of terms used in The Breaker.
- For the martial arts techniques, visit the List of Techniques.
- To learn about organizations consider visiting the Murim Schools and Clans.
- 12 Red Heavens Paths: A step required for the execution of the Chaotic Heavens Destruction Strike.
- Black Forest Defence: A group of martial artists that oppose the Martial Arts Alliance.
- Bo Hyul Dan: a pill made by the One Moon School. It can accelerate the blood generation in the body.
- Evil Medicine (Ma-Hwan Dan): A spirit medicine made by Seung-Jae Bae. It gives the ability of use of martial arts even to individuals with broken Ki-center.
- Five Protectors (Ho Bup): A group of five martial artists that are part of the Heavenly Way School.
- Four Supernovas: Four martial artists deemed rising stars of the Murim.
- Gaju: Leader of Society/School.
- Gwongyuk: Special art form unique to a particular dojo.
- Group of Five: Secret organization not directly affiliated with the Murim. The known leaders (Black and Red) are named after colours. The Black Defence Group is negotiating with them, to form an alliance.
- Hu-Cho: are the name used for the mind games during a fight.
- Hyul-Do: Is a martial arts style focusing on the pressure points of the body.
- Jin-Gi Dan: It is a spirit medicine made by the Mil-Yang Clan. It is the improved version of the Evil Medicine (Ma-Hwan Dan).
- Jangmun/Jangro: Leader or Commander of a School or Clan. See also Jang-Mung Kwon.
- Ki: Inner energy, used in martial arts.
- Martial Arts: The main way of fighting in the Murim world.
- Martial Arts Alliance: A alliance of martial arts schools and clans that govern the Murim.
- Ma-Hwan Dan: is a pill that improves the quality of ones Ki and enables Non-murim-ins to used high level martial arts.
- Munju: Faction Leader of a Dojo. Head Master
- Murim: Term used for the martial arts world as a whole.
- Murim-in: Is a term used for all individuals that are part of the Murim.
- Nine Arts Dragon (Goomoonryong): Someone who mastered all nine of the martial arts presented at the Shinmujengpe. The title attained by Chun-Woo Han.
- One Moon Divine Dan: A Ki altering medicine produced by the One Moon School.
- Rising Fist Arts: It is the martial arts style where the Chaotic Heavens Destruction Strike belongs.
- Selective Inheritance: "One Person Transmission"; passing on the martial arts to only one disciple, or to a few.
- Simgichehon: The makeup of a person.
- Shinmujengpe (Martial Arts Championship): A Murim martial arts tournament.
- So-Munju: Assistant master of a martial arts school.
- Spirit Medicine (Dan): Medicines for one's spirit. They come in varied strengths and presumably for different reasons.
- Tae-Yang-Hyul (Superficial Temporal Artery): It refers to an artery located at the temple.
- Tai Chi Arts: They are referred to as Legendary Arts. These arts focus on stopping the flow of power enabling the user to redirect any attack towards any direction including towards the attacker. These arts act as the water against the knife as Kang-Sung comments.
- Ten Grand Masters: It is a title referring to the ten strongest individuals in the Murim.
- Teul: Teul is referring to a collocation of 24 prescribed movement patterns (Hyeong). Each Hyeong consists of several movements. Teul serve to train movements, enhance concentration and develop a personal martial arts style.
- Three Arts Dragon (Sammoonryong): Someone who mastered three of the nine martial arts presented at the Shinmujengpe. Title attained by Kang-Sung.
- Yin Body Type (Guumjiche): Is a condition in which the main veins of the body are blocked in several places (from one to nine places), stopping the circulation of Ki. It is believed that curing the disease would give one the ability to master godly techniques, unattainable by humans.
- ↑ The Breaker New Waves Chapter 106
- ↑ The Breaker Chapter 36
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Breaker Chapter 43
- ↑ The Breaker Chapter 28
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The Breaker Chapter 50
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Breaker Chapter 32
- ↑ The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 85
- ↑ The Breaker: New Waves Chapter 120
- ↑ The Breaker Chapter 34
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 The Breaker Chapter 25
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 The Breaker Chapter 66
- ↑ The Breaker New Waves Chapter 105
- ↑ The Breaker New Waves Chapter 141
- ↑ Hyeong and Teul